Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trains

WOO HOO!!! Or perhaps I should say, CHOO CHOO!!!



The train embroideries are finished! I tried my best to sabotage the one I worked on today but just couldn't do it. At one point, the thread nested so badly that I had to work for about five minutes to "saw" away at the thread before I could even remove the hoop from the machine.

For those of you who don't do machine embroidery, a nest of tangled threads under your hoop can stretch and tear the fabric and get almost hopelessly tangled into the machine. (Ask me how I know that.) I prayed my way through the process. Literally. Whew! The fabric is fine and the machine is not damaged. When I was ready to go again, I backed up the stitching to where I thought it had messed up. It all lined up beautifully, but I didn't back up far enough. It's so cool because the part that didn't get sewn looks like a space between the cow catcher and the first wheel. Like it should be that way.

Next I put Tender Touch iron-on fusible on the back of each embroidery so they won't be scratchy. I cut a couple of them too small. I had one upside down and fused it to the pressing cloth. I ironed another one to the bottom of my iron, which reminded me why I should always use a pressing cloth and should NEVER do creative things when I'm tired. When I cleaned the iron I got some of the adhesive onto the ironing board cover. But it's all done now.

I do still have to sew the shirts back together. Considering how tired I am, I think it would be wise to wait until tomorrow. Then I'll also take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment